Clinical Data Specification¶
Clinical data from an Epic Clarity system should conform to this specification. The specification was designed to adhere to default Epic Clarity field names and data formats wherever possible.
- All data will be returned in the UTF8 Character set
- The first row of the file will be a header row showing the name of each column, enclosed in double quotes and separated by commas.
- The field names in the header row will be those shown below. The case of each column name should be that shown below.
- Subsequent rows will show lab result values. All values will be enclosed in double quotes and separated by commas.
- Each row will show one lab result value.
These fields may be specified in the data file:
Field Name Field Required? Field Description STUDY_ID yes Identifier of a person within a study NAME yes Name of lab component COMPONENT_ID yes Numeric identifier of lab component ORD_VALUE yes Result value for lab component REFERENCE_LOW no Lowest expected value for ORD_VALUE REFERENCE_HIGH no Highest expected value for ORD_VALUE REFERENCE_UNIT yes Units for ORD_VALUE SPECIMN_TAKEN_TIME yes Date and time specimen was taken from the patient/study subject. Date must be formatted as "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS".